Friday, November 20, 2009

Whitefish and More....

Last time I posted, I was feeling cheated out of fall colors, but luckily, not all was lost of the autumn season. The tamaracks cooperated and I did find a few tucked away patches of color that had been spared the freezing temps.

 



In mid October I traveled to Whitefish, Montana to take my beautiful nieces' senior photos. Not my usual type of photography, it was a very sucessful shoot, and I enjoyed the scenery tremendously. Driving by Flathead Lake, the water was glassy calm and covered in a combination of smoke and clouds that gave a surreal appearance.




The snowcapped Mission Mountains were stunningly beautiful...


In the pre-dawn light we happened upon the historic Southern Pacific Daylight 4449 at the Whitefish station. On its return to Portland, Oregon after a cross country excursion, I had no idea of it's significance until looking it up when I got home.


We used this old truck as a prop in some of the senoir photos,
but it has also turned into a popular art print.

A new item I've been trying out are desktop wallpapers
 ...there are about 12 of them so far.
Some better than others.

You may check them out and download for free.
The gallery password is 449fans (I had 449 facebook fans when I first posted them)


You can follow me on facebook for the fasting postings of recent images.


Here are a few of my beautiful niece Kaitlyn, who made it way too easy to take good photos.






I do plan on taking clients in the Coeur d'Alene area for the class of 2011 - starting summer 2010.  Watch for info on my website coming in spring if you know anyone who would be interested. I plan on being very competitive and offering a unique senoir package.




Hoping to post again soon with some other news and photos...I know I have gotten way behind.. Have great Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

By commenting on this blog you give permission for your comment to be used in the testimonial section on my website if I so choose.