Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What happened to fall?

Sadly, it is becoming evident that we are not going to get a good display of fall colors this year around the Coeur d'Alene area. An early freeze seems to have killed the leaves before they could change colors.
This river image shows what I mean....the trees just look dead.


I went down on the St. Joe twice recently,
once by car, arriving before the sunrise, and again on a tour boat.
  




This is Falls Creek Falls right beside highway 50.


I caught this shot from the boat as we left Independence Point for what ended up being a very long day.






There is just something about September sunsets... I have been noticing for several years now there seems to be a lot of lavendar skies in September.




I stayed in town one clear morning and felt like a voyeur taking pictures over and through fences, just trying to get a view of the lake.


I'm quite happy with this Spokane River shot, and think it will remain one of my all-time favorites. Suprisingly I didn't think much of it when I shot it and only spent a few minutes on it, taking only a couple different exposures.


I found this canoe scene one morning and hope it is still there for a foggy day shot.

This last month has been quite productive and according to my lightroom stats, I shot 16 out of 30 days in the month of September.


This was overlooking the valleys to the East in the Coeur d'Alene Mountains after a night of rain.

Here are a few more of our beloved Lake Coeur d'Alene...



Looking forward to a trip into Montana soon and hoping they have better fall colors than here in North Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By commenting on this blog you give permission for your comment to be used in the testimonial section on my website if I so choose.