Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Autumn Roundup



As the colors fade and snow is in the forecast, I thought I'd assemble a few shots from this autumn season.
I worked overtime the last couple of months (loving every second of it),
 and tried not to let a single opportunity slip by.

Last year's colors were miserable in North Idaho, due to an early freeze, so I was eager to make the most of this fall,
my favorite season.

Taken on the first Day of Autumn.
Moonrise over North Idaho from Mt. Spokane
 
I was fortunate to make a quick trip to Southeastern Idaho and the Tetons in Late September.
I hope to do it again next year.

Winter Wheat and the Tetons


Aspen Sun



Oxbow Bend


In the Centennial Valley of Southwestern Montana I found vibrant aspens in peak color.


In mid October I traveled to Northwest Washington, Bellingham and the Mt. Baker Area.


Mt. Shuksan
Sunset on Puget Sound

To the North were the Purcells decked out in gold.


Bull River



South to Moscow...
U of I Arboretum


On a wet day in the Silver Valley...

Little North Fork of the Coeur d'Alene

In Eastern Washington...



And right here at home.
Beauty Creek
City Park



St. Thomas
It's been a wonderful season,
one I think I would never tire of.
Up next... fog and snow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

By commenting on this blog you give permission for your comment to be used in the testimonial section on my website if I so choose.